I have been sewing all kinds of active wear since I started running regularly. It seems my machine always has a stretch needle on it.
First up, sports bras. I have made several versions of Jalie 2563. I made a size V and lined the fronts with firm powernet in order to have some serious compression. I also lined the backs with less firm powernet. Compression indeed! The negative side effect of this compression is that once sweaty, the bra was really hard to get off. I needed some escape help. So...I tweaked the back and added bra hooks! It was a simple change involving making a "U" shaped cut out of the back the width of the bra hooks I wanted to add. I covered the edges of the U with fold over elastic before attaching the hooks. Now I can get it off without contorting myself.